At tripla, we make travelers happy. Whether it be for booking the perfect hotel room, handling inquiries from travelers, we build smart, AI driven products to delight travelers. In the short amount of time that we’ve been around, tripla Chatbot and Booking Engine has become Japan’s most popular products in the industry, and the pace of growth is only increasing. We’re currently expanding our services into many other areas, but we need a talented Product Manager to help us get there.
As a Product Manager, you will own the creation of features from concept through launch and improve existing features to grow the business. This will require collaborating closely with customers, sales, operations, engineering, and other partners. You will investigate and analyze the user behavior, deeply understand customer needs, frustrations, and delights and bring these insights into the product. You will write crisp product vision and user stories and review them with stakeholders. You will make and communicate difficult tradeoff and prioritization decisions. You will cultivate relationships with key partners across and outside of the company. You will drive execution to ensure timely delivery of all components.
You must be passionate about building delightful customer experiences, and can operate autonomously in an environment with high ambiguity. You are both a dreamer and a doer — you enjoy imagining how technology can help solve problems for customers in novel ways, and you have successfully launched consumer web or mobile products at scale. You thrive in a fast-paced environment, love a challenge, are comfortable giving and receiving feedback, and hold yourself to high standards. You can move fluidly between sketching designs on a white board with creative colleagues and working through details with technical partners. You balance strategic, big-picture thinking with acute attention to detail. You are an excellent communicator and a logical thinker. Expertise in computer vision/machine learning is NOT required, but curiosity is.
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
* 5+ years of product management with a track record of successfully shipping products
* Ability to communicate effectively with senior management, peers and team members
* Ability to work closely with engineers and comfort engaging in technical conversations
* Excellent oral and written communication skill
* Outstanding analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions.
* Ability to write complex SQL queries.
* Demonstrated ability to handle multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
* Comfortable with fast paced start-up environment.
* Solid understanding of tech trend including core technology, machine learning and SaaS business.
* Engineering background i
* MBA or Master’s degree
* Degree in computer science or a related technical field