Site Reliability/DevOps Engineer
At tripla, we make travelers happy. Whether it be for booking the perfect hotel room, dining at the trendiest restaurant, or partaking in an exciting excursion, we build smart, AI driven products to allow travelers plan the perfect trip. In the short amount of time that we’ve been around, tripla chatbot and tripla hotel booking has become Japan’s most popular services in the industry, and the pace of growth is only increasing. We’re currently expanding our services into many other areas, but we need a talented DevOps and Site Reliability Engineer to help us build the next generation of new features and functionality for our highly available, highly scalable and highly secure platform.
The ideal candidate is experienced, self-directed, comfortable supporting multiple teams, systems, and products. Perhaps most importantly, the candidate should want to be a part of a team. Nothing at tripla is accomplished by one person. The candidate must have strong communication skills and the desire to tackle challenges as a group.
We are looking for someone
- With serious desire to build great Well Architected cloud software
- Drive towards automating everything
- Drive towards building secure, efficient, scalable architectures
- That takes ownership of the solution and deliver
- With a team mindset, highly collaborative and enjoys a fast-paced, team environment
- That enjoys learning new technologies, concepts, and areas of business
- Champions the causes of uptime, reliability, compliance, and security
To be considered, you must have following:
- A degree in computer science, software engineering or similar education
- 5+ years of professional DevOps or Site Reliability Engineering experience in fast paced work environment.
- Proven track record of securely architecting and managing AWS (e.g. IAM, EC2, VPC, ELB, ALB, Autoscaling, Lambda) using Infrastructure as Code techniques such as CloudFormation,Terraform.
- Clear understanding of Networking concepts (e.g. Firewalls, NAT, Port, Subnetting, VPC, VPNs, DNS, etc.)
- Experience with managing CI/CD environment (e.g. Argocd, DroneCI, CircleCI)
- Experience with designing and owning production Unix container ecosystems (Docker, EKS, Fargate/ECS, Kubernetes, service discovery, service registry)
- Experience in designing and running a predictive alerting platform using monitoring tools such as Cloudwatch, NewRelic, DataDog or Pingdom
- Proficiency with APIs / microservices architecture
- Knowledge of data backup/recovery
- Ability to create scripts using Bash, Python or other language
- Excellence in Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Ability to work under indirect supervision
Nice to haves
- Certified AWS solution architect professional