At tripla, we make travelers happy. Whether it be for booking the perfect hotel room, dining at the trendiest restaurant, or partaking in an exciting excursion, we build smart, AI driven products to allow travelers plan the perfect trip. In the short amount of time that we’ve been around, Tripla chatbot has become Japan’s most popular chatbot in the industry, and the pace of growth is only increasing. We’re currently expanding our services into many other areas, but we need a talented ML engineer to help us get there.
As a ML engineer, you’ll be responsible for the refining and upkeep of the ML models that power our products, including: question/answer systems, recommenders, pricing predictors, as well as others. Since AI is what gives Tripla its competitive advantage, you’ll be a central figure as this company grows. You’ll be responsible for not only delivering powerful algorithms, but also for building them for scale. This includes designing the data pipelines that feed our models and automating the training/inference process to enable continuous improvements.
The ideal candidate is experienced and self-directed. Comfortable supporting multiple teams, systems, and products. The candidate is excited by the prospect of working with new AI technologies and cutting edge experimental products. Perhaps most importantly, the candidate should want to be a part of a team. Nothing at Tripla is accomplished by one person. The candidate must have strong communication skills and the desire to tackle challenges as a group.
* Develop and enhance our ML models: NLU, time series prediction, recommendation, etc.
* Evaluate and diagnose ML models. Analyze and clean the data being fed to them.
* Build and upkeep automated machine learning data pipelines and training systems.
* Work with stakeholders including the executive, product, data, and design teams to come up with new ways we can utilize data to solve problems.
* Automate and scale our resources and pipelines to accommodate the sharply increasing data requirements.
* 5+ years of some form of software engineering experience (at least 2 of which are in data science)
* Experience building and optimizing ML models.
* Extensive experience with object-oriented/object functional languages, e.g. Python, Ruby, Java, C++, etc.
* Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
* English fluency
Nice to haves
* Graduate degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics, or some other quantitative discipline.
* Experience with NLP
* Experience with tensorflow
* Exposure to constructing automated training pipelines for machine learning models.